Wildlife & Culture Tour
3 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Mountain Elgon National Park
3 Days Of Hiking Mount Elgon Adventure In Uganda, 3 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Mountain Elgon National Park, Three Days Two Nights Wildlife in Mount Elgon national park, 3 days Sipi falls and Mount Elgon hiking safari, Three days Mount Elgon hiking Safari Tour, 3 Days Mount Elgon Tour Uganda, Safari Tour To Mount Elgon in Uganda
VISIT MOUNTAIN ELGON NATIONAL PARK:
This 3 Days mountain Elgon tour is a perfect program for a client interesting in exploring Eastern Uganda, will take you to mountain Elgon, Sipi Falls, and Jinja- to the Source of the Longest River in the world- River Nile.
The 3 Days Of Hiking Mount Elgon Adventure In Uganda will take you to eastern Uganda to explore the largest volcano base in the world and it is found on the border of Uganda with Kenya. The Adventure will make you visit the magnificent Sipi fall found in Mbale with a lot of interesting attractions on your way to the mountain Elgon and back. The Adventure will start and end in Kampala Uganda
3 Days mount Elgon Hiking Safari – Hike to Wagagai Peak, visit the Sipi Falls, take forest hikes, and cultural walks in Mount Elgon National Park. This 3 Days Mount Elgon Hiking Safari starts and ends in Kampala and involves a thrilling experience in the Eastern Parts of Uganda.
Mount Elgon National Park - the world’s largest mountain caldera
Wildlife/ Animals of Mt Elgon national park
The wildlife is mainly found in the lower slopes but rarely seen in the forest setting; Defassa waterbuck, Elephants, Oribi, Bushbucks, Buffaloes, and Spotted Hyena, also black-and-white monkeys, Colobus monkeys.
Birds of Mt Elgon national park
Mt Elgon national park is home to 296 bird species and 40 Ugandan species whose range is limited to Mount Elgon and these include black collared Apalis, Jacksons Francolin, Lammergeyer, Black-shouldered Kite, and Tacazze sunbird. If you are looking for unique birds and beautiful scenery then Mt Elgon is should be on your bucket list.
Safaris and Activities to do on your 3 Days Of Hiking Mount Elgon Adventure In Uganda, 3 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Mountain Elgon National Park, Three Days Two Nights Wildlife in Mount Elgon national park, 3 days Sipi falls and Mount Elgon hiking safari, Three days Mount Elgon hiking Safari Tour, 3 Days Mount Elgon Tour Uganda, Safari Tour To Mount Elgon in Uganda
1. Hiking Mount Elgon
Mt Elgon is generally a less strenuous climb like other East African mountains but offers some scenic views. The park is explored on foot via different routes and trailheads ranging from day walks to hikes over several days. The Sasa trail is the shortest but steepest route to the peaks taking only four days – bamboo forest and Jackson’s pool. Sipi trail takes four to six days, starts at the forest exploration center at Kapkwai – tutum cave. The Piswa trail is a seven-day round trip starting at a village off Kapkwata – podocarps forest. One can alternatively combine the different trails, ascending by the Sipi trail and descending along the Sasa trail allowing you to experience more features of the mountain.
There are local porters available to make your hike easier each carrying supplies in addition to collecting water, cooking, and preparing the camp. Hikers should consider the symptoms and treatment of hypothermia and other forms of altitude sickness. Above 2500m, altitude sickness can affect anyone regardless of age, fitness, or previous mountain hiking experience. The most effective treatment is the descent to lower altitude.
2. Abseiling at Mount Elgon
This thrilling activity is done down one of the cliffs of the Sipi falls. You drop down 100m overlooking the ridge next to a pool of water from one of the Sipi falls. Enjoy watching the different scenery as you abseil down the rock, on reaching down you can take a dip in the pool before ascending back up the cliff to the top of the hill.
3. Rock Climbing at Mount Elgon
Another engaging activity outside Mt Elgon national park is rock climbing. This takes place at Sipi falls with 14 climbs that require rock-scaling techniques. The toughest climb is 35m while the easiest is 15m – for anyone interested in rock climbing, then you want to try this.
4. Bird watching in Mt Elgon national park
Birding in Mt Elgon national park will give you species that you cannot find anywhere else. The common trail is one in the Kapkwai forest exploration center, which continues along the Chebonet river. Here you are likely to see the White-chinned Prinia, Luhders and Doherty’s Bush-shrikes, Chubb’s Cisticola, African Goshawk, African Blue Flycatcher, and Baglafetcht weaver.
5. Sportfishing at Mount Elgon
At the highest of the Sipi falls, there is an opportunity for sport fishing which will keep you busy as some of the locals join you. It provides a good challenge to anyone interested in the rainbow trout. Remember to bring your own equipment and obtain a permit from the Sipi river lodge.
6. Nature and Hiking walks at Mount Elgon
There are numerous trails both inside the park and outside walking through Mt Elgon vegetation. At Sipi falls guides from the community take you on walks that can start from two hours to a whole day's walk where you will have views of the Karamajong region and Sebei region.
There is a full hike through Budadiri to Mudange cliffs, which are known as the walls of death. These cliffs are located in a tropical forest at the boundary of the national park. You will have sights of Black-and-white Colobus monkeys and Baboons along the trail.
7. Water Falls at Mount Elgon
The mountain rivers plunge over massive cliffs on the northern and western sides of Mt Elgon forming some of the most beautiful falls. Among these are three beautiful falls together known as the Sipi Falls. These are outside the park and a hike to all three is a fulfilling experience. The lowest of the falls flows over a 100m cliff, followed by Simba at 69m and then Ngasire at 87m. More waterfalls are found in Wanale, chebonet, Bulago, and Sisyi.
8. Mountain Biking at Mount Elgon
Kapchorwa and the entire Mt Elgon region provide great mountain biking routes that will keep your adrenaline high as you traverse the area. The mountain biking routes start from the Sipi trading center to Chema hill in Kapchorwa. You have beautiful views of the Karamoja plains and several waterfalls en route.
9. Caves at Mount Elgon
Like most mountains, Mt Elgon slopes have caves, which were left by moving lava when the mountain was formed many years ago. The most accessible are Kapkwai cave and Khauka cave on Wanale Ridge. Hikers used the caves as shelter and currently they act as locations for camps.
10. Agro-tourism, Cultural encounters, and Community trails at Mount Elgon
The best coffee in Uganda is from this rich and fertile region of Mt Elgon. Experience the entire coffee process by taking a guided walk through the coffee shambas on the slopes of Mt Elgon. You will visit the shambas and homes to experience coffee planting demonstration, picking, grinding, storage, and washing. The coffee from here is Arabic and is also known as Sipi or Bugisu coffee.
Access to Mt Elgon National Park on your 3 Days Of Hiking Mount Elgon Adventure In Uganda, 3 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Mountain Elgon National Park, Three Days Two Nights Wildlife in Mount Elgon national park, 3 days Sipi falls and Mount Elgon hiking safari, Three days Mount Elgon hiking Safari Tour, 3 Days Mount Elgon Tour Uganda, Safari Tour To Mount Elgon in Uganda
You can reach the park from Kampala – Mbale – Kapchorwa. You can also take a chartered flight from Entebbe to Soroti and then drive backward.
Tour in Summary of 3 Days Of Hiking Mount Elgon Adventure In Uganda, 3 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Mountain Elgon National Park, Three Days Two Nights Wildlife in Mount Elgon national park, 3 days Sipi falls and Mount Elgon hiking safari, Three days Mount Elgon hiking Safari Tour, 3 Days Mount Elgon Tour Uganda, Safari Tour To Mount Elgon in Uganda
Day 1: Travel from Kampala to Mbale
Day 2: Hiking, forest, and Cultural walk
Day 3: Return to Kampala
Uganda tours, Uganda safari tours, Best Of Uganda Safari Tour 2021-2023
Uganda safari tours, Uganda gorilla safari tours, Uganda wildlife safari tours, Uganda holiday safari tours, Africa Uganda safari vacations. Uganda safari tours, Uganda gorilla trekking safari tours, Uganda cultural community safari tours, Uganda wildlife viewing safari tours, Uganda bird watching safari tours.
Are you looking for Uganda safari tours or when to go for an Uganda safari tour? Choose ultimate wild safaris trusted local Uganda safari tour company/ Uganda tour operator.
Our Uganda safari tours offer you Uganda gorilla trekking safari tours in Uganda Safari tours trips to Bwindi Impenetrable National park, Uganda wildlife safari tours in Uganda vacation holidays tours to queen Elizabeth national park, Murchison falls national park safari tours, Kidepo valley national park safari tours, Lake Mburo National park walking safari tours, Uganda Chimpanzee trekking safari tours to Kibale National Park, Uganda bird watching safari tour, Uganda cultural community safari tours, Uganda fishing safari tours, Uganda mountaineering /Hiking adventurous to Mountain Rwenzori national park, Mountain Elgon national park and relaxation at Lake Bunyonyi.
Enjoy our top Uganda safari tour packages/itineraries 2021-2023 for Unique personalized African Uganda wildlife safari tours into Uganda safari tour destinations with affordable prices.
Top Uganda Tours
- 1 Day Jinja Adventure Tour
- 1 Day Kampala City Tour
- 1 Day Uganda Equator Safari Tour
- 1 Day Sipi Falls Tour
- 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary Tour
- 2 Days Chimpanzee Tracking Tour - Kibale Forest National Park
- 2 Days 1 Night Murchison Falls National Park Tour
- 2 Days 1 Night Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari Tour
- 2 Days Uganda Tour - Lake Mburo National Park
- 3 Days Golden Monkey and Gorilla Tracking Tour – Mgahinga National Park
- 3 Days Uganda Safari Tour - Sipi Falls
- 3 Days Murchison Falls National Park Safari Tour
- 3 Days Chimpanzee Trekking - Kibale National Park
- 3 Days Gorilla Trekking - Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- 3 Days Uganda wildlife Tour - Lake Mburo National Park Birding Tour
- 3 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Mountain Elgon National Park
- 3 Days Uganda wildlife Tour - Sipi Falls
- 3 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari Tour
- 3 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Kibale National Park (Kanyanchu Tourism Center) and Amabere g’ Nyinamwiru caves
- 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Kibale National Park
- 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Kibale National Park Chimpanzee tracking
- 4 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tracking - Bwindi and Kibale
- 5 Days White Water Rafting and Gorilla Tracking In Bwindi Impenetrable Forest Park
- 5 Days Kidepo National Park Safari Tour
- 6 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tracking Tour - Queen Elizabeth and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- 6 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - River Nile White Rafting, Murchison Falls National Park
- 7 Days Gorilla Tracking Safari - Lake Mburo, Lake Bunyonyi, and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- 9 Days Uganda Tour - Hiking Mountain Rwenzori National Park
- 9 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Lake Bunyonyi, Queen Elizabeth National Park Tour, Bwindi Forest National Park, Kibale forest national park
- 10 Days Exploring Uganda Primates Safari Tour
- 10 Days Chimpanzee and Gorilla Tracking Tour - Queen Elizabeth, Kibale forest, and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- 10 Days Uganda Tour - Hiking Rwenzori and Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 10 Days Uganda wildlife Tour - Pearl of Africa, Murchison Falls National Park, Kibale forest national park, Amabere Ganyinamwiru, Queen Elizabeth National park, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Kazinga channel boat cruise.
- 12 Days Chimpanzee and Gorilla Tracking Tour - Murchison falls, Queen Elizabeth, Lake Mburo, Lake Bunyonyi, and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- 14 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Lake Mburo national park, Lake Bunyonyi, Kibale forest National park, Bwindi forest park, Murchison falls national park, and Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 15 Days South Sudan & Uganda Wildlife Safari Tour, Mundari Cattle Camp tour, Murchison Falls National Park, Kidepo Valley National Park, and Juba City
Top Uganda Birding Tours
- 1 Day Uganda Birding Safari Tour, Mabamba Bay-Swamp Shoebill Trek
- 2 Days Uganda Birding Tour – Mabamba Wetland, Botanical Gardens, Uganda wildlife education center
- 3 Days Uganda birding Tour - Lake Mburo National Park Birding Safari Tour
- 3 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Sipi Falls, Source of the Nile and Sezibwa falls
- 3 Days Uganda birding Tour - Kidepo Valley National Park Tour
- 4 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Kibale National Park
- 5 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Lake Mburo, Queen Elizabeth, And Kyambura Chimp Tracking
- 5 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Mabamba wetland, Lake Mburo National Park
- 7 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Mabamba wetland, Lake Mburo, Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 8 Days Uganda Birding Tour - lake Mburo national park, Queen Elizabeth national park, Kibale national park, Mabamba wetland, Bigodi Swamp
- 10 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Nabugabo wetland, Murchison falls National Park, Queen Elizabeth National park, Lake Mburo National park
- 12 Days Uganda birding Tour – Mgahinga Gorilla Park, Mubwindi swamp, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Semuliki National Park
- 16 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Mabira forest, Budongo forest, Kibale forest, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- 20 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Budongo forest, Semuliki National Park, Kibale Forest, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park
January 01 - December 31
pickup avaiable from airport, train and also cruise
- Ground Transportation
- All Meals and bottled water
- All Government Taxes
- All Tourist attractions and activities charges charges
- English-speaking driver/guide
- International Flights
- Visa Fees
- Airport Taxes
- Items of personal nature like Laundry
- Bar bills
- Tipping and any extra expenses not included above.
Day 1: Kampala To Mount Elgon.
Early morning departure from Kampala heading to eastern Uganda. Drive past local communities, tea, sugarcane plantations, and colorful fruits along the roadside. Stopover at Ssezibwa Falls for a cultural feel of Uganda. Continue to Mbale town located on the foothills of Mount Elgon. This area has got a rich heritage and culture. Have lunch and continue to Sipi Village located between beautiful hills and waterfalls. Overnight.
(Sipi River Lodge - Luxury option) (Lacan Lodge - Midrange option)
(Kapkwai forest Cottages - Budget option)
Day 2: Hiking Mount Elgon National Park.
In the morning after breakfast, go for a hike to the Mt. Elgon forest exploration center for guided walks. The same nature walk will provide you with views of regenerating forests, fields of colorful flowers, extensive stands of bamboo and the chested bee-eater. Two different day hike areas allow you to explore Mt. Elgon’s diverse montane forest.
The popular forest exploration center trail loop site can make one enjoy the cool mist at Chebonet falls, Kapkwai cave, the talking tree and a spectacular viewpoint, which lies just beyond. A long ‘arm’ of Mt. Elgon bears the Wanale trails loop site. It has vertical cliffs of ridge and several cascading waterfalls that make a very scenic drive.
Look for petrified wood in the Khauka caves as you enjoy splendid panoramic view over the plains of Eastern Uganda. The hike areas have short walk trails ranging between 3 km and 11km that offer an excellent opportunity to experience Mt. Elgon’s unique plants and wildlife in a short time period.
Jungle walking shoes and rain gear are recommended in addition to extra cells for your torch if you plan to explore the caves. Have a quiet afternoon, relaxing after lunch at your lodge.
(Sipi River Lodge - Luxury option) (Lacan Lodge - Mid Range option)
(Kapkwai forest Cottages - Budget option).
Day 3: Return to Kampala.
You will then depart Sipi falls after breakfast to visit the source of River Nile in Jinja. Have lunch and then continue to source for a boat ride to the actual birth point of the world's longest river, as well as enjoy cultural activities like Dances, etc and then depart to Kampala and arriving in the evening for your hotel or flight.